STOP! Before you begin, do you have any Bitcoin or Ethereum yet? If not, read this guide first.
If you already have a Bitcoin or Ethereum wallet, please continue below.
1. First, visit KuCoin’s website here (or click the image below) and click on the signup box in the top right. [Disclaimer]
2. Simply enter your email address and create a password on the next screen.
You should now receive an email from KuCoin with a confirmation link. Click the link to activate your account and it should automatically log you in.
3. Once logged in you will want to activate a two-step authenticator. Click the button labeled “Google 2-Step” on the left.
4. If you haven’t already, download the Google Authenticator app on your iPhone or Android device, or use the links provided from KuCoin.
Within the Google Authenticator app select the “+” button to add a new entry. This will bring up camera mode. Use the camera and scan the QR code provided.
**Don’t forget to write down the code given to you in the red box labeled “1” shown below. Should you lose your phone, or delete the authenticator app, this code will be the only way to restore your account.**
You should now see a 6 digit code in the authenticator app. Type that code into the box provided below step 3 and press ‘Submit’.
You have now successfully setup your authenticator!
5. Now that we have everything setup, let’s get some currency into our account by clicking on “Assets” at the top of the page.
After clicking assets, select “Deposit” on the left. Highlight the drop down box that says “Kucoin Shares” and select BTC or ETH depending on what you are sending.
Initiate a send from the wallet your coins are currently in and use the deposit address given.
6. Once you receive the coins you transferred it’s time to purchase. Select “Markets” at the top.
Select either BTC or ETH depending on what you have transferred into KuCoin.
On the right side, use the search bar to find the coin you want to purchase. After it sorts, select the pair by clicking on it.
7. Finally, to make the purchase simply click on the value labeled by box “1”. This value represents the last trade that was made and is the current value per coin.
By clicking this number you will see it get entered down at the bottom in the Buy/Sell section. Next to box “2” you want to click “Max”. This will purchase the maximum amount of the coin at the entered value based on how much BTC or ETH you have in your account.
After that simply click “Buy” and your purchase order will be entered.
You are now the proud owner of a new coin!
Depending on the liquidity of the coin you are purchasing, your buy order may not be filled immediately if you use the current market price. If you want to be sure you are making your purchase immediately, select the next price above the red boxed labeled “1”. This is a sell order (someone looking to sell their coins), at a specified price. The further up the list, the more expensive the sale. Repeat step 7 except choose the value of the more expensive offer rather than the current market price.
We hope you enjoyed reading our blog as much as we enjoyed writing it! If you think we are providing good content feel free to give us a tip at the addresses below!
-The BlockMinute Team